Welcome to the Hemblington Parish Council website.
Hemblington is a small parish close to Norwich in the district of Broadland and the county of Norfolk. It consists of the villages of Pedham, Hemblington and part of Cuttons Corner.
The parish council represents the local residents in matters including planning, provision of recreational facilities, crime prevention, footpaths, certain aspects of road maintenance, litter and open spaces.
Hemblington Parish welcomes the participation of local residents in the work of the council by raising questions with or passing on your views to your councillors through to full involvement by standing as a councillor.
This website provides information on the work of the council such as dates and minutes of council meetings, the names of councillors and the contact details of the officers of the council.
1. Date of Announcement: 19/6/16.
2. Each year the Council’s/Meeting’s Annual Return is audited by an auditor appointed by Public Sector Appointments Limited. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2016 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on applications to Steven Ford, Hemblington Parish Council, 101, Thunder Lane, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, NR7 0JG commencing on 1/7/16 and ending on 31/7/16.
3. Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the opportunity to questions the auditor about the accounts; and
- The right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council/Meeting.
The auditor can be contacted at the address given in paragraph 4 below for this purpose on 1/8/16 and after that date will be available at the address in paragraph 4 until the audit is completed.
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 and the National Audit Office Code of Audit Practice. Your Audit is being carried out by:
Mazars LLP, The Rivergreen Centre, Aykley Heads, County Durham, DH1 5TS
5. This announcement is made by A.C.Howe, Chairman
Transport Plus is a unique public transport service provided jointly by Norfolk County Council and ERS Medical assisting adult members of the public to access essential health, social and wellbeing services.
As part of this partnership, a specific transport service using primarily volunteer car drivers has been set up to assist people in the community with such a need.
Journey booking requests can be made through a Call Centre. Staff will take full details of the request, plan and organise the journey to available transport resources.
A charge is made for each journey which covers the cost of fuel and general wear and tear of the vehicle.
More details of this service can be found here.
A new timetable will be introduced for the 292 bus service from Tuesday September 1st. This service operates every Tuesday providing a bus from Blofield, Blofield Heath and Pedham to Wroxham, Wroxham Barns and Tunstead. The new timetable can be found here.
Blofield and Brundall Parish Councils have been working together with Konectbus to provide a bus connection from the 2 villages to Acle and Great Yarmouth. This has resulted in a new bus – Service 72 – and is an extension of the existing Service 52.
It will run Monday to Friday (except for Public Holidays) and will commence on Tuesday, 5th May 2015. Initially it will involve 2 buses a day but, if the service is well used, it is hoped to increase this number.
Please – Use it or lose it!
We would like to thank Steve Royal from Konectbus for his help in making this possible. The new Timetable can be found on the Parish Council Notice Boards and here.